A) APPROPRIACY OF STYLE, GENRE, TOPIC & LENGTH (1 mark)
• The student writes about the exact topic that has been proposed for the task and uses an appropriate style. (0,5)
• The length of the essay is correct. (0,5)
B) ORGANIZATION, COHESION & PUNCTUATION (2 marks)
• Use of linkers with different functions. (1)
• The ideas are organised into appropriate paragraphs. (0,5)
• Correct punctuation. (0,5)
C) ACCURACY & COMPLEXITY OF LANGUAGE (3 marks)
• Accurate use of language and spelling. (1)
• The language must be adequate to the task and varied. (1)
• ‘Useful expressions’ from the units must be used. (1)
D) GRAMMATICAL STRUCTURES (3 marks)
• Grammatical structures must be adequate to their level and carefully used; for instance:
- Order of words in sentences or questions.
- Verbal tenses
- Articles and modifiers
E) ORIGINALITY (1 mark)
• Make your essay interesting and creative.
• Originality and new ideas will also be taken into account, e.g.:
- Stories or anecdotes in narratives
- New data in biographies or reports
- New vocabulary from the dictionary, etc.